Return Users: How to Get Started
What is EmpowerEd?
EmpowerEd is the latest version of NASW California's online continuing education platform. We've migrated our platform to a Learning Management System called Thinkific.
How is it different from your previous learning platform (Legacy platform)?
The benefits of the new platform include the following:
- Easy to use
- More modern course experience that's easier to navigate
- More streamlined checkout process
- Redesigned look and structure to make it easier for you to find what you're looking for on our website
- Login with single sign-on or email/password
What is the Legacy platform?
The legacy platform is the learning management system (LMS) that NASW-CA was using prior to the transition to the EmpowerEd Program on the Thinkific LMS. You will have access to the legacy platform through your EmpowerEd account to download certificates of completion (for courses you completed prior to the transition) and receipts for courses you registered for on the legacy platform. For instructions on how to access the legacy platform, scroll down to the header: How do I download certificates and receipts for courses that I've completed on the legacy platform?
Do I already have an EmpowerEd account, or do I need to enroll for a new account?
If you are an existing user of our old continuing education website who has incomplete courses that you registered for within the past 2 years, then an EmpowerEd account has already been created for you. To get started, you will need to set your password the first time you log in.
If you are an existing user of our legacy continuing education website who has completed all of your previous coursework, then you will need to create an EmpoweredEd account to enroll for new courses.
If you've never taken an online course through NASW California online continuing education program before, you will need to create an account.
For all of the above scenarios, the first step is to click the Sign In link in the upper right corner.
I've purchased courses on the legacy system that I haven't yet completed. How do I continue my coursework on EmpowerEd?
Any incomplete courses from the past 2 years will be accessible through this website once you reset your password. Once you're logged in, there will be a My Dashboard link in the upper right. All your incomplete courses from the past 2 years will be available there.
How do I set my initial password on EmpowerEd?
Existing users should go to the Forgot Your Password? page to reset your password.
If you are not sure if you are an existing user, you can email customer service at email@example.com.
How do I download certificates and receipts for courses that I've completed on the legacy platform?
To access our legacy platform:
- Click the Sign In link in the upper right corner.
- Once you are logged in, your name will replace the SIgn In link. Click on your name and select My Account from the dropdown menu.
- Click on the Certificates link on the left side of the page.
- On the resulting page, click on the Legacy System Login link at the bottom.
- Your Legacy System Login is the email/password combination that you used previously to access the website. Once you've logged in, you will be taken to a list of courses you took in the legacy system with links to certificates (for the courses you passed) and receipts under each course title.
How do I download a course PDF on EmpowerEd?
Our new platform features a user-friendly course player that works well on all devices. In the new EmpowerEd system, we no longer offer a PDF version for courses.